Transition from Excel to Airtable
- workbook ⇢ base: This is called a "base" because it's a database.
- sheet ⇢ table: Databases have tables. Spreadsheets call them sheets so it sounds like paper.
- row ⇢ record: Every row in a table is its own individual record, just like in a well-formatted spreadsheet.
- column ⇢ field: Every column represents the same information about each record, so each column contains one specific field in every record.
- cell ⇢ cell: Cells are cells. We had to leave one name alone just to mess with you.